Our Vision is a world where all children, youth, and their communities have opportunities to participate in the arts as a means of expression for individual and social transformation.
ArtsAction Group is an international community-based collective committed to facilitating arts initiatives with children and youth in conflict-affected environments. Through respect, open dialogue, and long-term cooperation, we work with local partners to create, produce, and share these experiences with a broader global audience.
- We believe the arts provide an ideal space for shared and ongoing dialogue towards individual and social expression and transformation.
- We approach each educational opportunity in the spirit of mutual respect and participation.
- We build deep and long-lasting relationships with our hosts and communities.
- We engage youth, parents, educators, artists, and local leadership as a way of creating meaning and relevance for all stakeholders.
- We do not seek to dictate culture or curriculum, but rather to co-create innovative solutions to identified needs through the arts.
Our areas of specialization include:
ActsAction Group actively seeks partnerships within the communities we serve as well as with other regional, national, and international organizations engaged in the arts and the fostering of human dignity. We also link the individuals and organizations we work with to one another - across real and imagined boundaries.
- Sharing and fostering best practices in contemporary art and design education including STEAM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Art, and Math) via an inquiry-based approach to teaching and learning.
- Facilitating individual and community transformation via the arts
- Designing cross-site partnerships/projects/dialogue between children, youth, and artists in conflict affected environments
- Interactive exhibition development on difficult/controversial themes
- Dealing with the past and historical and identity memory
We Achieve This Through:
Established in October 2013, ArtsAction Group is the culmination of decades’ experience living and working in conflict-affected environments across four continents.