Our Vision is a world where all children, youth, and their communities have opportunities to participate in arts, culture and education as a means of expression for individual and social transformation.
ArtsAction Group is an international community-based collective committed to facilitating arts initiatives with children and youth in conflict-affected environments. Through respect, open dialogue, and long-term cooperation, we work with local partners to create, produce, and share these experiences with a broader global audience.
- We believe the arts provide an ideal space for shared and ongoing dialogue towards individual and social expression and transformation.
- We approach each educational opportunity in the spirit of mutual respect and participation.
- We build deep and long-lasting relationships with our hosts and communities.
- We engage youth, parents, educators, artists, and local leadership as a way of creating meaning and relevance for all stakeholders.
- We do not seek to dictate culture or curriculum, but rather to co-create innovative solutions to identified needs through the arts.
Areas of Specialization
We achieve this through
Established in October 2013 with offices in the US and UK, ArtsAction Group is the culmination of decades’ experience living and working in conflict-affected environments across four continents. We actively seek partnerships within the communities we serve as well as with other regional, national, and international organizations engaged in the arts and the fostering of human dignity. We also link the individuals and organizations we work with to one another - across real and imagined boundaries.